Double receiver DVB-S/S2 144Mhz-2450Mhz
build it yourself or buy a complete MiniTiounerPro already built for less than 100 euros

Mintiouner Pro received but ferrite of L12 was broken

Messagede SV2RR » Mer 22 Mai 2019 07:11

I am particularly sad :cry: because today I received the parcel from REF that contained the Mintiouner Pro, but a piece of ferrite of L12 was broken.
Serit tuner and some other parts were in the same bag with the assembled pcb without any protection. I have not assembled and wire it or test it yet.
I would like to ask if this will cause a malfunction on the receiver or not.
How can find a replacement part?
https://yadi.sk/i/lpg3ILeW8-yd0w
https://yadi.sk/i/hereWDl1dVGI2w
SV2RR

Re: Mintiouner Pro received but ferrite of L12 was broken

Messagede G4WIM » Mer 22 Mai 2019 07:41

I had the same problem with mine but was able to salvage a part from an old circuit board.

Sadly that was not the end of my trouble as there seems to be a problem with the TS signal not reaching the USB so with JP help I'm investigating this problem as well.

Regards Tim
G4WIM

Messagede SV2RR » Mer 22 Mai 2019 08:42

Thanks Tim for the answer.
So probably is not the only one issue.
Maybe Jean-Pierre F6DZP can help and to advise us how to resolve the issues.

73, Greg
SV2RR

Messagede F1TE » Mer 22 Mai 2019 08:45

SV2RR
Sorry for the inconvenience
Send me your address, I send you a self by post office.
My mail here https://www.f1te.org/

73, Lucien F1TE
F1TE

Messagede G4WIM » Mer 22 Mai 2019 08:58

Hi Lucien,

hope you don't mind me asking but could you send one to me as well because I'm not sure I have the correct value installed (10 or 100uH) as the markings are ambiguous.

No problem if you can't as I'm not sure about your connection to this project and responsibility etc.

I'm yet to get my TS stream working so there maybe other repairs needed - time will tell.

Seems like the supply process needs a small tweak to avoid problems in shipping - the joys of manufacturing !

Regards Tim G4WIM
G4WIM

Messagede SV2RR » Mer 22 Mai 2019 09:40

Thanks Lucien for the quick response, mail send it to you.
I want to ask you also if there is somewhere any detailed info about the additional wiring JST type connectors (most for future use i think) for a newbie like me on this minitiouner pro project.
Thanks!
SV2RR

Messagede F1TE » Mer 22 Mai 2019 09:52

There are specific tools for crimping the contacts, but I think with a little skill and a small clip, you can crimp the contacts by hand and drag them into the boxes.
F1TE

Messagede G3UEQ » Mer 22 Mai 2019 14:09

G4WIM a écrit:Hi Lucien,

hope you don't mind me asking but could you send one to me as well because I'm not sure I have the correct value installed (10 or 100uH) as the markings are ambiguous.

No problem if you can't as I'm not sure about your connection to this project and responsibility etc.

I'm yet to get my TS stream working so there maybe other repairs needed - time will tell.

Seems like the supply process needs a small tweak to avoid problems in shipping - the joys of manufacturing !

Regards Tim G4WIM

Tim
I have ordered one as well and speaking to someone else on forum they also had broken inductor and bent pins. So I have emailed REF Supplies to see if they can kindly improve packing, at least before mine arrives! Other concern is parts hitting the SMD ICs and damaging their connections.
Regards
Andy G3UEQ
G3UEQ

Messagede G4WIM » Mer 22 Mai 2019 15:28

Hi Andy,

I have mine working ok now as far as I can tell - it also had a few bent pins on the headers, nothing serious but indicative of inadequate packaging which likely results in the ferrite inductors getting damaged.

While mine is working ok now I suspect it may have an intermittent somewhere - I'll keep a close eye on it while I await the case and display I've ordered.

73 Tim
G4WIM

Messagede 2E0LGZ » Mer 22 Mai 2019 22:31

My Minitiouner pro v2 arrived yesterday and the OLED connector was bent back and the same ferrite was broken and the piece was in the static bag i have super glued it temp for now until i get a replacement its the one with ‘100’ stamped on the top the minitiouner seems to be working ok though
Gary 2E0LGZ
2E0LGZ

Suivante
Forums Statistiques