All about the software

Multi-program & VLC.dll renderer

Messagede joop » Jeu 4 Fév 2021 20:04

Hi,

While experimenting with multi-program stream everything works fine when using the Graph renderer, when changing to VLC.dll renderer only Program 1 is displayed, when selecting Program 2 nothing happens and only Program 1 is shown. Is this a limitation ? It is the first time experimenting with multi-programs with FFMPEG so might be some fine tuning must be done on the FFMPEG part. Thanks for the advice.

Regards, PE2JKO

I am using the 1.0.1g version. Please see some screenshots :

multi1.PNG
multi1.PNG (157.92 Kio) Vu 6832 fois

multi2.PNG
multi2.PNG (219.62 Kio) Vu 6832 fois
joop

Re: Multi-program & VLC.dll renderer

Messagede F6DZP » Jeu 4 Fév 2021 20:51

Hello,

yes it is normal and well known on my side.
Since the first version Minitioune using Directshow (Graph) has been able to work with Multistream . I used it to receive broadcast station with sometimes 12 services in one TS.

I have just implemented VLC for amateur use only because some Amateur DATV stations send often bad TS (= bad timing PCR/PTS) and Directshow Graph mode doesn't like bad TS(=> cut in audio or choppy video), VLC accept better TS with bad timing.
As for the moment 99,99% of DATV stations send TS with only 1 service, I let VLC to play the first service.
The possibility to use VLC dll in Minitioune is new, so it is the first implementation, the first step.

But yes,It is already in my "to do" list : implement multi services in the VLC mode.

Today you have the Graph mode that can do it and if your TS is correct (= with good timing) you don't need urgently the VLC mode with multi services.

remark : you are not using the last version of Minitioune. The v1.0.1.0r is better, try it.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede joop » Sam 6 Fév 2021 10:15

Hi, Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for the fast reply and the tip to download the latest version.

Regards, PE2JKO
joop

Messagede PY2RN » Ven 18 Juin 2021 12:34

F6DZP a écrit:Hello,

yes it is normal and well known on my side.
Since the first version Minitioune using Directshow (Graph) has been able to work with Multistream . I used it to receive broadcast station with sometimes 12 services in one TS.

I have just implemented VLC for amateur use only because some Amateur DATV stations send often bad TS (= bad timing PCR/PTS) and Directshow Graph mode doesn't like bad TS(=> cut in audio or choppy video), VLC accept better TS with bad timing.
As for the moment 99,99% of DATV stations send TS with only 1 service, I let VLC to play the first service.
The possibility to use VLC dll in Minitioune is new, so it is the first implementation, the first step.

But yes,It is already in my "to do" list : implement multi services in the VLC mode.

Today you have the Graph mode that can do it and if your TS is correct (= with good timing) you don't need urgently the VLC mode with multi services.

remark : you are not using the last version of Minitioune. The v1.0.1.0r is better, try it.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

Hello,
I am having problems between MiniTioune v1.0.1.0r and VLC. I run Windows 10 and installed VLC 32 and VLC 64 but seems Minitioune does not send anything to VLC via UDP.
I enabled VLC and Minitioune in Windows firewall through, also tried to downgrade VLC to earlier versions but nothing so far.

When try to enable VLCdll on the Renderer it comes up with the error message in the attached image

vlc_error.jpg
vlc_error.jpg (27.97 Kio) Vu 6133 fois

Thank you for any help to solve yhis

Ed - PY2RN
PY2RN

Forums Statistiques