All about the software

Issue with other FTDI peripheral installed

Messagede maurool » Mar 2 Juil 2019 20:27

Hello, I was encounterning a problem using the MiniTiouner Express hardware and any version of the software. Starting the software I always get the message "Hardware incompatible, we quit". Tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers and it worked, but after PC restart I get the same problem again, very annoying!

Finally I have found that this is caused by other USB Serial Converter attached on my PC with FTDI Chip. So the software will probably try to connect to other devices using the FTDI chip and does not find the correct product description.

I think this is a software bug and need a correction since it's very common to have other FTDI devices like USB to RS232 or in my case it's the rotator USB interface connected to my pc.

Is this known? Any solution? If not I guess a next release will need to address this problem.

Thanks, Mauro IW3ROW
maurool

Re: Issue with other FTDI peripheral installed

Messagede maurool » Mar 9 Juil 2019 13:26

Anyone on this? F6DZP? Am I the only one that found this problem? Not sure how the software scan the devices to find compatible hardware and why this happens. It could also be someway related to my PC, but just disconnecting all the other FTDI USB to serial devices it works.

To add some info, CheckMiniTiouneDriverAndFilters_V0_5a.exe utility correctly identify the device and gives all green light, while TestMyMiniTiouner_V2_0a.exe gives the same error as the MiniTiouner software.

Thanks, Mauro IW3ROW

maurool a écrit:Hello, I was encounterning a problem using the MiniTiouner Express hardware and any version of the software. Starting the software I always get the message "Hardware incompatible, we quit". Tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers and it worked, but after PC restart I get the same problem again, very annoying!

Finally I have found that this is caused by other USB Serial Converter attached on my PC with FTDI Chip. So the software will probably try to connect to other devices using the FTDI chip and does not find the correct product description.

I think this is a software bug and need a correction since it's very common to have other FTDI devices like USB to RS232 or in my case it's the rotator USB interface connected to my pc.

Is this known? Any solution? If not I guess a next release will need to address this problem.

Thanks, Mauro IW3ROW
maurool

Messagede sm4ive » Mar 9 Juil 2019 14:37

Hi Just curioues have you installed all drivers? like USRC_ax_winxp_win10
73 Lars
sm4ive

Messagede maurool » Mer 10 Juil 2019 13:07

Sure, all drivers are installed and when I disconnect all the other FTDI devices I can use the tuner succesfully, all works perfectly and I can receive QO100 stations ;)

sm4ive a écrit:Hi Just curioues have you installed all drivers? like USRC_ax_winxp_win10
73 Lars
maurool

Messagede maurool » Mer 10 Juil 2019 13:19

Ok Antonio, at least we are two :lol:

I did not try a different external hub, now everything is on the same hub. This is probably a problem in the way the software searches for compatible hardware. I guess this should not be so difficult to fix in a next release.

73's, Mauro IW3ROW

afesan a écrit:
maurool a écrit:Hello, I was encounterning a problem using the MiniTiouner Express hardware and any version of the software. Starting the software I always get the message "Hardware incompatible, we quit". Tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers and it worked, but after PC restart I get the same problem again, very annoying!

Thanks, Mauro IW3ROW

I´m in the same situation as yours with my moderm I5 notebook :I must unplug my external USB mouse ..execute Minitouner and when it´s running..then I can plug any USB without problems. But not before running Minitouner or then the system gets teh message "hardware incompatible,we quit". Finally I solved this problem installing an external HUB (feed with 5 volts) and connecting my mouse and other periphericals at the HUB. But that´s my particular case. I don´t know if this could be a solution for yours.
But YES..this problem is real ..at least for you and me ;-)
Best 73,s
Antonio-EA1IW
maurool

Messagede F6DZP » Lun 29 Juil 2019 05:16

hello,

As it is written, it is a beta version. I cannot test all possible configuration.
I have now found some hardware using USB3 FTDI chip and could observe what happens.
So now this issue is now fixed in the future Minitioune version.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede maurool » Mer 31 Juil 2019 10:12

F6DZP a écrit:hello,

As it is written, it is a beta version. I cannot test all possible configuration.
I have now found some hardware using USB3 FTDI chip and could observe what happens.
So now this issue is now fixed in the future Minitioune version.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

Thanks Jean-Pierre for your work on that!

Mauro IW3ROW
maurool

Forums Statistiques