All about the software

DVB-S DSNG

Messagede VK5YYY » Lun 20 Mar 2023 03:33

Hi Everyone

Could anyone please tell me if Minitiouner can recieve DVB-S DSNG (Digital Satellite News Gathering) format

Cheers Roger VK5YYY
VK5YYY

Re: DVB-S DSNG

Messagede BlackForrest » Mar 21 Mar 2023 21:30

STV0910adb in the serit nim can handle alot of modulations and their "special options" like PLS,multistream or GSE/bbframe
but DSNG with 16qam and/or Trellis cded signals are not supported.You have to use professional decoder
BlackForrest

Messagede VK5YYY » Mer 22 Mar 2023 13:49

Thanks Black Forrest

To choose from I have DSNG QPSK/8PSK/16QAM
I imagine the QAM is out, but wondered if 8PSK might be an option

Cheers Roger
VK5YYY

Messagede BlackForrest » Jeu 23 Mar 2023 18:48

Hello Roger,
Where you can choose that,do you have an IRD/prof. receiver?...as far as i know,not every
IRD does DSNG (by default)..sometimes you have to order hardware and/or software options
to activate those modes.

A good explanation about the so called "HOM"s works,you will find here:
https://www.linkedin.com/advice/3/how-c ... on-improve
BlackForrest

Messagede VK5YYY » Sam 25 Mar 2023 07:14

Hi Blackforrest

I have many encoders/modulators/IRDs for DVBT/S (the ones that are sold for pennys on Ebay) people have no idea of what they have
Tandberg/SED/Dexing/Dektec/Newtec/Enensys etc, such lovely professional equipment, but hams are scared off by ASI, SDI, Smpte etc
I have a Novelsat NS1000 modulator on the bench (but only has DVB-S2 QPSK), it does have DSNG 8psk, that's why I asked that question
I found I can drive TBS IP to ASI with Freestream Coder into the NS1000, the result is excelent, thankyou Dominique

NS1000 can output on (6 metres, 2 metres, 23cm too) and has Msym down to 250ksym with full control over IP and it's broadcast quality
The main problem with these units is most broadcast encoders don't handle low bandwidth video very well, F1EJP has solved this problem : )
My next chalenge is to convert Freestream Coder output to RTP for my SED/Calian modulator. (also down to 250ksym 6M 2M 23CM )....any ideas
Then after that SDK from Freestream Coder to Dektec DVB-S Pcie card they go down to very low Ksym (JP are you listening)

A challenge to all: get an old Tandberg Modulator and a Harmonic Encoder (like I did) have fun with broadcast quality, cost less than a new Lime

Cheers Roger VK5YYY

PS How come you French guys know so much about DVB?
VK5YYY

Forums Statistiques