Tutioune1600 explained in details

Messagede F6DZP » Jeu 17 Oct 2013 06:00

When you start Tutioune1600, it will use the tutioune1600.ini file to setup its buttons (preferred frequency, SR, PID, FEC and voltage, I say more about that later).
I suppose the default setup ( first freq and SR buttons) give you no signal for the moment. You are waiting for an ISS pass to receive HamTV.
you will see that presentation, showing 4 panels:
-Tuner and Web Setup panel
-Measurement panel
-Decoding/recording panel
-Video display panel

tutioune1600 standard_en_waiting HamTV explanation.jpg
tutioune1600 standard_en_waiting HamTV explanation.jpg (273.25 Kio) Vu 29175 fois

-Tuner and Web Setup panel

This panel uses data written in tutioune1600.ini file to show your preferred frequencies and Symbol Rate. You have just to click on a frequency, click on one SR value and the tuner will use these values.
You can also set 13v or 18v if you need it for your converter, pre-amplifier or LNB.
22kHz is use for some LNB to switch from LoBand to HiBand.

the Web info ( coming from tutioune1600.ini file) will be sent to your Tiounemonitor when you will press the Web Button.

panel freq explanation.jpg
panel freq explanation.jpg (278.47 Kio) Vu 29174 fois

Measurement panel

measurement panel explanation.jpg
measurement panel explanation.jpg (222.13 Kio) Vu 29168 fois

with best condition we could have:
measurement panel mer 26dB.jpg
measurement panel mer 26dB.jpg (71.11 Kio) Vu 29167 fois

Carrier Freq lock and SR timing lock are similar but RF level better, and MER at its maximum : 26 dB. Absolutely no error to be corrected.

Decoding/recording panel

panel PID setup explained.jpg
panel PID setup explained.jpg (273.02 Kio) Vu 29167 fois

with all led green you can receive and decode video & audio :

tutioune1600 standard_en.jpg
tutioune1600 standard_en.jpg (273.81 Kio) Vu 29158 fois

Download Tutioune1600 here : viewtopic.php?f=60&t=214 ( you must be registered)

(I will prepare another separate explanation about Tutioune1600 installation)

Jean Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Re: Tutioune1600 explained in details

Messagede kb3pmr » Mer 4 Juin 2014 08:29

When auto pid is turned off I can view the status of my board and system, S2-1600 when I check the look at analyze block. When auto pid is turned on and I am checking for a tv station with 2tune I get a scrolling list of frequencies and aud/vid pid's when I check the look at analyze block. Please explain more in depth how I can best use this scrolling data to capture better tv. The information scrolling in the look at analyze seems to be relevant to frequencies and aud/vid pid's but I don't know how to take advantage of it.

bob kb3pmr
kb3pmr

Messagede F6DZP » Mer 4 Juin 2014 12:14

Tutioune is first made for DATV, but can be used also to receive Broadcast transponder.
When you receive a DATV modulation , in general there is only 1 service: so 1 PMT that give 1 video PID and 1 audio PID for this service.
When you receive a Broadcast transponder on a frequency, you receive in general several services multiplexed.
each service has a PMT that gives 1 video PID and 1 or several PID for audio
so if you look at analyze you will see all the list of services found with PIDs for video and audio.
As Tutioune has only 5 preset buttons for PIDs , in auto PIDs affectation mode, I can only give to the 5 buttons the first 5 services I will find.
All others are listed in analyze and you can write them "by hand" to ask this extra services, to see others TV channels, not using presets buttons.

Jean Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede kb3pmr » Sam 7 Juin 2014 10:20

Is the information written to this section of the screen "analyze" when Auto PID is on, placed in a file anywhere on the computer so that it can be checked or printed later?

Bob kb3pmr
kb3pmr

Messagede F6DZP » Mar 10 Juin 2014 14:46

No. You can copy and pass it (CTRl+C and CTRL +V)to wordpad and save it if you want.
F6DZP

Forums Statistiques